Portugal is a small country, but the variety of its landscapes and species is a pleasure of discovery, it`s located in the southwest corner of Europe.
Portugal has its own language, the 6th most spoken in the world, its own culture and cuisine.
Portugal also includes two island groups: the Azores and Madeira,
the country’s modest dimensions make it easy to visit when time is short. Portugal is divided into regions; each offers unique features, history, scenery, and cuisine.
The regions are from south to north: Algarve, Alentejo, Lisbon and Lisbon Coast, Estremadura and Ribatejo, the Beiras, Douro, and Tras-os-Montes, and the Minho.
The Portugal Golden Visa, otherwise known as the Portugal Golden Residence Permit Programme, offers foreign investors an immediate right to reside in Portugal in exchange for investing in Portugal. After six years of residence, the applicant can apply for Portuguese nationality. The programme, which was launched in 2012, has since attracted thousands of investors from all over the world.
Our qualified professionals here at Integritas will assist you in ensuring that you meet all of the requirements under the Portugal Golden Visa and maximise your chances of success.
To qualify for the Portugal Golden Visa, the applicant must:
- Be a non-EU/EEA/Swiss national
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have no criminal record
- Own the money required for investment
1. Purchase of Real Estate
Real estate properties in Porto, Lisbon, and coastal towns are not eligible for purchase (January 2022 update). Properties in Madeira, Azores, and interior territories are still suitable for purchase under the programme.
- €500,000 real estate purchase in designated interior areas
- €400,000 in low population density areas
- €280,000 in pre-owned properties that are over 30 years old and scheduled for rehabilitation or in low-density areas
2. Capital Investment in Investment Fund or Venture Capital
- €500,000 investment in a Portuguese private equity fund or venture capital
3. Capital Transfer to a Bank
- €1.5 million transfer into a Portuguese bank account
4. Donation to or Capital Investment in Research Activities or the Arts or Reconstruction of National Heritage Projects
- €500,000 investment in research activities of approved public or private entities
- €250,000 investment in the preservation of national heritage
5. Company Creation
- Creation of at least ten jobs through your Portuguese business or single-member company
- €500,000 investment in an existing Portuguese business, provided that a minimum of five new full-time jobs are created within three years
The Portuguese residence permit can be acquired within six months. Permanent residence can be obtained after five years, and citizenship after six years.
26 Schengen states