Are you looking to stay in Malta longer than three months? We don’t blame you! But you will need a residency permit to enjoy the sea and sun. Residency permits are available for varying lengths, depending on your nationality.

Integritas can handle your residency application, allowing you to enjoy all Maltese residency entails without the extra hassle.

Ordinary Residence Permits for EU, EEA, and Third Country Nationals

Any EU and EEA or third-country nationals residing in Malta for three months or more, those currently working in Malta, or those financially able to support themselves and their family are required to obtain an Ordinary Residence Permit from competent authorities in Malta.


To be eligible to apply for the Malta Ordinary Residence Scheme, one must not physically stay in any other jurisdiction for more than 183 days per calendar year.

Self-sufficiency, Employment and Studying in Malta

In case of financial independence, employment, opening a business, or studying, residency may be granted to EU/EEA nationals. For non-EU citizens, the application will be approved subject to the possibility of conditions and restrictions imposed at the authorities’ discretion.

1. Self-sufficiency

EU, EEA, Swiss Nationals, and third-country nationals may apply for ordinary residence in Malta provided they can demonstrate that they are financially independent by having enough funds or other income to sustain their lifestyle without working in Malta.

2. Employment or Opening a Business

EU, EEA, Swiss Nationals, and third-country nationals may also apply for ordinary residence if employed in Malta, self-employed, or practising their trade or profession in Malta.

3. Studying

EU, EEA, Swiss Nationals, and third-country nationals can also apply for a residence permit to study in Malta. They must be enrolled in an accredited learning institution and submit a statement of financial resources.