If you’re interested in immigrating to the UK and becoming a UK citizen, you should look at the citizenship by investment programs in Dominica. These programs offer an excellent way for foreign citizens to invest in the country, which will benefit Dominica in the long run. In this article, we’ll go over the benefits of being a citizen of Dominica and its full citizenship through investment programs.
Economic citizenship programs allow people the unique potential to earn entire nationality, primarily via a real estate investment or government gift option. With its calm environment, stunning national parks, and world-class beaches, Dominica’s economic citizenship program is one of the most popular methods to gain a second nationality. You may get a Dominican passport via their investment program by either acquiring real estate or giving it to the Government’s Economic Diversification Fund (EDF).
Dominica citizenship by investment benefits
Numerous arguments exist for selecting this citizenship by investment scheme. Dominica’s investment program encompasses everything from its thriving commerce and tourist industries to its idyllic beaches and private lifestyle.
- A simple application procedure
One of the quickest turnaround times from the date of application submission for the citizenship by investment program. Applicants to the Dominican citizenship investment program should expect their applications to be completed within three months.
- A family as a whole is eligible.
Spouses, children, parents, grandparents, and other qualifying dependents can also get Dominica passports and citizenship.
- The least expensive second passport
A Dominica passport may be purchased for as little as $100,000. However, Dominica’s passport is ranked 37th in terms of travel flexibility.
- Dual nationality
Dominica recognizes lifelong dual citizenship for the primary applicant and qualifying family members. Citizenship in the Dominican Caribbean may also be handed down to future generations.
- Reliability of requirements
Dominica’s citizenship by investment has no residency requirements. Other sorts of investments do not have this problem. Additionally, economic citizens do not need management experience or an interview.
- Travel without a visa
Dominica’s passport-issuing authority is unquestionable. Dominica citizens are visa-free in over 120 countries, including the Schengen zone of Europe, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Turkey.
- Tax liberties
There are no taxes on riches, gifts, inheritance, or capital gains. As a result, this citizenship by investment scheme may be critical to your worldwide tax strategy.
Dominica citizenship by investment requirements
A set of Dominica passport criteria must first be satisfied to get a Dominica passport via this investment scheme.
- The foreign investor must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess an exceptional character.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Have no criminal history.
- Complete a thorough background check.
- Possess a working understanding of the English language.
What do family members qualify for Dominica’s economic citizenship?
A significant advantage of Dominica citizenship by investment is that it is extended to the applicant’s family members, making them eligible for Dominica citizenship.
The following members of the applicant’s family may apply:
- Children under the age of 18 years
- Inclusion of dependent children aged 18-30 must be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution and financially supported by the primary applicant.
- The inclusion of dependent children who are mentally or physically disabled must be adequately supported.
- Include dependent parents and grandparents of the primary applicant or spouse who are 55 years of age or older and live with and are entirely supported by the applicant.
- Spouses of the primary applicant’s or spouse’s qualifying parents or grandparents
Dominica citizenship by investment options
Dominica’s investment program provides two paths to full citizenship.
1- Fund for Economic Diversification
Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) is a special government fund created to collect financial donations to sponsor unique socioeconomic initiatives that contribute to national growth.
Citizenship by investment candidates must pay a non-refundable contribution to the EDF to qualify for Dominican citizenship. The contribution cost is decided by the number of dependents and qualifying family members included in the application.
- Real estate route that has been pre-approved
Dominica, a real estate investment, requires principal applicants to make a minimum investment of US$200,000 in government-approved real estate. In addition, the government-approved real estate must be kept for a minimum of three years, which rises to five years if the purchaser is also a Dominica citizen through investment application. The majority of accessible real estate is in the form of shares in high-end tourist lodging. The government charge for real estate is set but subject to change.
Dominica application processing fees:
Dominica is a tax-free nation if you do not intend to live there for the duration of your citizenship by investment project.
If you choose to establish a base in your new country of citizenship for six months or longer, you must pay taxes on your global income.
Dominica has double tax treaties with the United States of America and CARICOM. As a result, there are no limits on profit or imported capital repatriation. Dominica also provides significant tax holidays, tariffs, and tax exemptions on imports.
Dominica citizenship by the investment processing time
All applications for this second citizenship are completed on behalf of the applicant by Authorized Agents and evaluated by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU).
From the moment an application is submitted to the time it is processed, the typical processing time is three months.
Before the Unit may handle applications, they must be accompanied by all supporting papers and the applicable fees.
Where an application for citizenship by investment is approved, the Unit will inform the authorized agent that the qualifying investment and any government administrative costs must be paid before the Certificate of Registration may be provided.
Successful candidates are awarded citizenship and are eligible to apply for a passport after evidence of the investment unit is presented.
Step-by-step guide for your Dominica citizenship by investment application
To get a Dominica passport, just follow these easy instructions.
- Select an Authorised Agent to handle the processing of your application.
Your Authorised Agent will guide you through the required documentation and procedures for a successful application for citizenship via this investment program.
- Complete all application paperwork for Dominica’s citizenship.
Complete all papers and application forms as directed by your Authorised Agent. Ascertain that Dominica’s rules have legalized all papers for the citizenship by investment program (more information on document requirements below).
- The Central Intelligence Unit evaluates the application and performs background investigations.
Your application is thoroughly evaluated as part of our due diligence process. The CIU will next make a recommendation to the government on your behalf.
- Approval of the application
Your application should be accepted in principle within 60-90 days of submission, and a letter will be sent to your Authorised Agent with specific information on how to complete your investment.
- Select a strategy for your investment program and begin investing
Give a gift to your favorite investment program. Submit evidence of the purchase of your qualified investment unit, together with the applicable government application costs. With a variety of investment alternatives available, you have the power.
- Become a citizen of Dominica
The CIU provides the certificate of registration upon receipt of payment evidence. Applicants for the citizenship by investment program must then submit their passport papers and application. You will subsequently be given Dominican citizenship and may apply for a Dominican passport.
Dominica document requirements:
Important information: Citizenship by investment applications are only processed by registered Authorised Persons. Additionally, the list of papers necessary is not complete. Therefore, the CIU may require the applicant to provide further supporting paperwork.
General Dominica citizenship by investment document requirements:
- Form of Disclosure
- Form for Verification of Fingerprints and Photographs (to be completed in front of a fingerprinting officer)
- Questionnaire and Certificate of Medical Examination (to be completed by a licensed medical practitioner)
- Investment Contract (EDF option only; to be completed by the principal applicant only)
- Contract of Sale and Purchase – (real estate option only)
- Completed and notarized copies of the application form
- All passports kept in color
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Marriage/Dissolution of Marriage, if applicable
- Police For each application 16 years and older, a record from the country of birth, the country of citizenship, the country of residency (if different), and any country in which the applicant has lived for more than six months in the preceding ten years. For youngsters aged 12-15, a parent must swear an affidavit confirming the kid has no criminal record.
- A color reproduction of the driver’s license
- Copies in color of any identification papers, publications, or cards
- All military service and discharge paperwork in color, if relevant
- If applicable, copies in full color of any papers attesting to a name change (other than marriage).
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Proof of residence (lease agreement or utility bill)
- Diplomas from universities/colleges in full color
- For youngsters aged 12 to 18, a letter of reference from the head of the school/university is required.
- A notarized declaration of support for each dependent aged 18 or older is included on the application, except for the spouse’s HIV test results (for all applicants aged 12 or above)
- Results of routine blood and urine tests
- Reference to a professional
- Employment letter/financial statements
- Bank statements for the last 12 months
- Affidavit of funding notarized
- Detailed company background reports/resumes/curriculum vitae Letter to the Minister Proof of payment of all applicable costs
Important note: Before submitting any color copies of papers, they must be notarized and legalized. Before submitting any papers, not in English, they must be translated, notarized, and legalized. In addition, agents must inform applicants that the bank will require their bank reference and audited financial statements to process the funds for the two most recent years.
Certification of documents
Where a document is necessary to be presented in support of an application for citizenship by investment, it must be certified and authenticated by the jurisdiction’s legislation from which it comes.